Hearty Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- 18 pounds ground beef
- 3 cups chopped onion
- 18 envelopes taco seasoning
- 6 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 6 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 32 to 40 flour tortillas (10 inches), cut into 2-inch strips
- 4-1/2 pounds shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In several Dutch ovens over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the taco seasoning, tomato sauce and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Spoon about 2 cups each into six 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Top with a single layer of tortilla strips. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers two more times. Divide the remaining meat sauce among pans (each pan will have about 7 cups of sauce). Top with remaining tortillas.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 72 servings.
1 piece: 420 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 1262mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Mexican Lasagna
"I made this for a group of boy scouts and their leaders, it went over very well. It was very filling and the enjoyed it a great deal, thanks for sharing this one!"