Hearty Meatball Stew
This hearty stew is sure to warm you up on a cool night. Meatballs are even more delicious when served in a hot, flavorful broth. —Joanne Rocchetti, New London, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 portion Handy Beef Mix (recipe also in Recipe Finder), thawed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups beef gravy
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Shape beef mix into 12 meatballs. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add the meatballs, a few at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil on all sides or until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Add remaining ingredients to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes..
- Stir in meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20-25 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 574 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 1578mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Meatball Stew in Ground Beef Recipes 2012 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.