Hearty Meatball Soup Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a soup kettle, bring broth to a boil. Carefully add the meatballs. Add the tomato juice, tomatoes, vegetables, rice and basil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2. Add the parsley and soy sauce. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Yield: 22-24 servings (5-3/4 quarts).
1 cup: 162 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 652mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Meatball Soup
"I forgot to rate this recipe."
"I would make this again, but I would add cilantro to the meatball mix. I think it would give it more flavor. My family seem to have liked it,so yes I would make it again."