Hearty Macaroni Vegetable Soup
With just moments of prep time, this hearty soup truly couldn't be easier to make. Simply open up the ingredients, pour 'em in and dinner's practically done! —Metzel Turley, South Charleston, West Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) vegetable soup mix
- 1 envelope (.6 ounce) cream of chicken soup mix
- 2 cans (5-1/2 ounces each) spicy tomato juice
- 4 cups water
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) mixed vegetables, drained
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash dried minced garlic
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a Dutch oven, combine soup mixes and tomato juice. Stir in the water, mixed vegetables, pepper flakes and garlic; bring to a boil. Add macaroni. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 94 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 944mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Mother's Cupboard Vegetable Soup in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009