- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups cooked salad shrimp
- 1 package (7 ounces) pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken, ham, shrimp, macaroni, celery, peppers, onion, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; mix well. Pour over salad and toss. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forHearty Macaroni Salad
"This is my go-to pasta salad recipe, and one of the reasons I got a TOH subscription many years ago. I first tasted it at work from a co-worker at a potluck. I liked it so much i asked for a copy of the recipe, and then got the magazine from that point forward!! It's hearty enough to be a meal and always gets great reviews from folks who try it. Great flavor combination too."
"This salad was delicious! I made a batch one night and have been packing it for lunches all week. It's kept well without getting soggy or the flavors blending together. I left the shrimp out since I'm on a college budget, but I'm sure adding it in would just make the salad that much better. Will definitely make this again, and may use it for tailgating recipes"