Hearty Macaroni Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups cooked salad shrimp
- 1 package (7 ounces) pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken, ham, shrimp, macaroni, celery, peppers, onion, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; mix well. Pour over salad and toss. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 262 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 1007mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Sep 29, 2015
This is my go-to pasta salad recipe, and one of the reasons I got a TOH subscription many years ago. I first tasted it at work from a co-worker at a potluck. I liked it so much i asked for a copy of the recipe, and then got the magazine from that point forward!! It's hearty enough to be a meal and always gets great reviews from folks who try it. Great flavor combination too.
Sep 8, 2011
This salad was delicious! I made a batch one night and have been packing it for lunches all week. It's kept well without getting soggy or the flavors blending together. I left the shrimp out since I'm on a college budget, but I'm sure adding it in would just make the salad that much better. Will definitely make this again, and may use it for tailgating recipes
Jan 6, 2011
This salad is easy to make and is good all year round. Made it for a pot luck at work and my co-workers loved it and asked for the recipe. The only thing I did to this recipe is I added a cucumber. It still was good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.