Hearty Layer Salad
This is a pretty salad with a nice variety of flavors and textures. It's a "meal in a bowl" for lighter eating on a warm day.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion, cut in half and separated
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large glass bowl, layer the first eight ingredients. In a blender, combine the dressing ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Serve with the salad.