Hearty Krautwiches Recipe
"With sauerkraut and liverwurst, this is an ethnic sandwich that you'll find hard to resist," notes subscriber Karen Ann Bland from Gove, Kansas. "The recipe has strong ties to our German ancestors who settled in this part of Kansas."
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, well drained
- 1/3 cup Russian salad dressing
- 1 medium red onion
- 6 onion buns, split
- 8 ounces thinly sliced salami
- 6 slice Muenster cheese
- 6 ounces sliced liverwurst
- 6 lettuce leaves
- Additional Russian salad dressing, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, chop one egg; stir in sauerkraut and salad dressing. Chop half of the onion; add to sauerkraut mixture. Slice remaining eggs and onion; set aside. On bun bottoms, layer salami, cheese, liverwurst, lettuce, onion and about 1/3 cup of sauerkraut mixture. Top each with sliced eggs and additional salad dressing if desired. Replace bun tops. Yield: 6 servings
1 each: 593 calories, 37g fat (15g saturated fat), 244mg cholesterol, 2084mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Krautwiches
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC