Hearty Italian Roast with Alfredo Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 8 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the gravy mix, dressing mix and water; pour over roast. Top with peppers and onion. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Remove beef from slow cooker and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices if necessary; pour into a large saucepan. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain potatoes; mash with Alfredo sauce, butter and pepper. Sprinkle with chives. Serve with beef and gravy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 4, 2014
This was pretty good but I can't say outstanding. I did like the convenience of the crockpot, it was just a little bland for our taste.
Nov 20, 2012
This was so easy to throw together and then, like the intro says "let the crockpot dO the work!!" I loved the flavor that the italian dry seasoning mix impacted on the roast, and the alfrdo pottoes were to die for!The only thing I did differently was to cook my roast on the high setting for three hours and then I turned it down to low for 2 hours. It came out perfect! I can't believe this hasn't been rated yet.......it is one AWESOME recipe!!!!