Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple syrup or topping of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a small bowl, beat egg, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup or topping of your choice.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes: 222 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 21, 2016
These are delicious. It's maple syrup season so l'll be making these a lot in the next few weeks. Janet. VFE
Jan 2, 2010
These hotcakes are a family favorite. The butter makes them crisp and the oatmeal adds texture.