My daughter always asks me to make this dish at Thanksgiving and Christmas. The recipe came from my sister-in-law.—Marilyn King, Fredonia, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) hominy, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup corn chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a bowl, combine the hominy, chili, onion, corn chips and 1/2 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 175 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 625mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Hearty Hominy in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.