Hearty Ham Sandwiches
"When our granddaughter needed sandwiches for a gathering after a high-school dance, I created this recipe," says Rena Charmasson of Woodward, Oklahoma. "Now these sandwiches and some soup make a nice meal for me and my husband, Claude."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 8 slices rye or sourdough bread
- 8 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, mustard and onion. Spread on four slices of bread. Layer with ham and cheese; top with remaining bread.