Hearty Ham Kabobs
—Gloria Houghton, Winter Park, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (1-1/2-inch pieces)
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, cubed
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- On four to six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the ham, tomatoes, green pepper, pineapple and onion.
- Combine salad dressing and Worcestershire sauce; baste kabobs. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until heated through, basting with salad dressing mixture and turning once. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 278 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 1287mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Hearty Ham Kabobs in Country Woman March/April 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.