- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 package (16 ounces) baby carrots
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (6 ounces) Italian tomato paste
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a slow cooker, combine the next nine ingredients. Stir in the beef. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours. Stir in soup and tomato paste; cover and cook for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forHearty Ground Beef Stew
"We thought this was just ok, nothing amazing. The only thing I did differently was lower the amount of carrots and add in some celery. It just needed something. Worcestershire sauce maybe? More spices? I don't know. It wasn't bad by any means, but I wasn't really impressed either. I used my Instant Pot slow cooker setting, put it on high for 3.5 hours, then "medium" for 1 hour. There are other recipes I like better, so I don't think I'll be making this one again."
"Tried this recipe because it called for many things I already had at the time. It was SO delicious! My boyfriend absolutely loved it! Thank you so much for sharing. Will definitely be using this recipe time and time again!"
"This was delicious. & smelled so good while it was cooking.A keeper."
"This dish was a huge hit. My 13 mth. old just loved it. I have made beef stew on the stove top many times. This recipe was excellent. Loved being able to do something new with ground beef. I used beef broth instead of water, other than that I followed the recipe to the word. Definite make again meal."
"So yummy! This easy stew tempts you as you walk in the door after a long day at work...smells and tastes wonderful. I love putting this together quickly and coming home to a hearty meal."
"Looking at a related video using fresh garlic,I love to use garlic in a lot of my recipes and would like to know how and where to store fresh garlic so that it will last longer."