Hearty Goose Soup
"After my son went goose hunting, I had to cook what he brought home. So I got ingredients together and came up with this chunky soup. It's chock-full of pasta and vegetables," relates Loretta Fenrich of Bonney Lake, Washington.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
Makes13 servings (about 3 quarts)
- 2-1/4 cups cubed uncooked goose
- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 each medium green, sweet yellow and red peppers, chopped
- 2 medium carrot, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the goose, potatoes, onion, peppers, carrots, water, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce and tomatoes; cook 1 hour longer. Just before serving, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Stir into the soup.
Originally published as Hearty Goose Soup in Taste of Home December/January 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.