Hearty Fruit Compote
This compote is packed with so many kinds of fruits it's almost a meal in itself!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cinnamon sticks (2 inches)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted dried plums
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 medium orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 firm banana, sliced
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a saucepan, cook and stir apple juice and cinnamon stick until mixture boils. Remove from the heat; add plums and apricots. Cover and let stand for 6 hours or overnight or until fruit is soft. Remove cinnamon stick. Add orange zest, orange, grapefruit, apple, banana, orange juice and brown sugar; mix well. Pour into serving bowl. Top with walnuts.