"My husband and I enjoy these quick bites for breakfast before we start work on our dairy farm," says Christine Weber of Palmerston, Ontario. She suggests topping them with pizza sauce or a squirt of ketchup.
Recommended: 33 Fast Food Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cheese, chives, salt and pepper. Pour into a nonstick skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Meanwhile, cut bacon strips in half widthwise; cook until crisp. Place two bacon pieces on each English muffin half; top with eggs. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hearty English Muffins in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p22
Reviews forHearty English Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review