Hearty Eight-Layer Salad
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 cup julienned hard salami
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat.
- 2. Place the lettuce in a 2-1/2-qt. glass serving bowl; top with pasta and eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer with ham, salami and peas. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions and mustard. Spread over the top. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 3. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
1 each: 417 calories, 32g fat (8g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 791mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Sep 23, 2016
Jan 2, 2015
Sep 28, 2012
ive made this recipe several times, its always a big hit!!! Even my picky eaters not only love it but also request it!!!
May 28, 2012
This salad always gets compliments from the many people I have made it for... Many are surprised how well the pasta and lettuce go together. I make it in a 9 x 13 glass pan -- it's easier to dish out and your sure to get a taste of all ingredients. This is a favorite for sure!
Jan 14, 2012
This is a big hit whenever I make it. I usually omit the peas and it's still delicious
Apr 26, 2011
I love making layered salads. I liked the added ingredient of pasta. I made this for a brunch and my girlfriends loved it and all asked for the recipe.
Feb 28, 2011
Just found a new fave salad!! This is sooo good - did exactly as the recipe said except I omitted the eggs because my Hubby can't stand them! Went down really well and the leftovers are great the next day too.
Oct 4, 2010
I get compliments on this every time i bring it to a family gathering. It is good!
Mar 26, 2010
Looks very pretty on a buffet, and is delicious! Have made it several times and have had requests for this recipe.
Dec 31, 1969
This is AMAZING! I substituted red onion for the green onions, and turkey for the salami - fabulous!