An egg entree is always flavorful and filling...and it won't put a crack in your bank account. The recipe is extra special because it's loaded with ham and potatoes.—Marsha Ransom, South Haven, Michigan
Recommended: 30 Breakfast Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cooked and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- Dash pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender. Add potatoes and ham; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, water and pepper; pour over ham mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Egg Scramble in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p19
Reviews forHearty Egg Scramble
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2010
"It needs more flavor and not so much cooked down on the peppers and onions."