- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 cup cheese, spinach and mushrooms. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add cream and nutmeg; mix well. Pour over sausage mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forHearty Egg Casserole
"I loved having this recipe as a guide line. I needed to make something with eggs and ham and I couldn't find a recipe, this recipe was great. I used half sausage and half ham. I didn't have any spinach so I used brocoli instead I didn't have the heavy whipping cr. so I used whole milk and put some crm chz to make it more creamy. It turned out very well. I can't wait to make it with all the real ingredients. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Very easy to make and everyone loved it!"
"Can this be frozen?"
"ONE OF THE BEST DISHES I HAVE EVER MADE!!!! ALSO, IT REALLY DOES LOOK LIKE THE IMAGE WHEN UR DONE. I MAKE THIS FOR OUR WOMENS GOLF TOURNAMENTS EVERY YEAR AND EACH YEAR I AM ASKED IF I AM GOING TO MAKE THAT WONDERFUL SPINACH DISH AGAIN.... LUV IT!!!!"