Hearty Country Burgers
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons cola, divided
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 bacon strips, halved and cooked
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 slice onion, separated into rings
- In a small skillet, saute the garlic in oil for 1 minute or until golden. Stir in 1/3 cup lime juice, 1 tablespoon cola, orange juice and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside for basting.
- Crumble beef into a large bowl. Sprinkle with garlic powder and remaining lime juice and cola; mix well. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-9 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with sauce. During the last 2 minutes, top burgers with cheese and bacon. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and onion.
Jul 3, 2011
This recipe uses unusual ingredients to create a fantastic tasting burger! Orange juice, garlic, soy sauce and cola make these burgers extremely moist and full of flavor in every bite. I also mix an egg into the beef to help them hold together better. Fantastic! Try for yourself and see, you won't be disappointed!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.