- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium red potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the potatoes, onion and seasonings in butter and oil until vegetables are golden brown and tender. With the back of a spoon, make four wells in the potato mixture; add an egg to each well. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHearty Confetti Breakfast
"My son introduced me to his version of this recipe a few months ago. He prefers to scramble the eggs and adds any chopped vegetables that he has on hand. This is a great way to stretch your eggs. He is on a budget so only uses 2 eggs and a little water whisked together and poured over the other veggies after they have cooked a little. There's so much of the other ingredients you don't miss the eggs."
"I would try this recipe a little different. Instead of putting my eggs in the skillet with the pototoes and putting them in the broiler. I would just cook them by themselves and then put them on top. The eggs were rubbery but they probably cooked to long. It did need some spice.... I love the flavor of the different kind of pototoes :)"
"easy & delicious. Everyone in my family loves it. I have to make 2 batches. We eat it all the time, usually for supper."
"Eggs turned out rubbery. Potatoes stuck to the bottom of the skillet horribly, even with more oil and more stirring and deglazing. Needed something green, like a whole green bell pepper, diced. It also needed a lot more salt and pepper than called for."