Hearty Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
I've made this soup many times for my husband and four sons. Even though they're married and have homes of their own, my sons still like to come to our house to eat. This recipe is always a hit with them.
- 3 large green peppers, chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cans (two 28 ounces, one 14-1/2 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 large potatoes, diced
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen chopped okra
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 jalapeno peppers, chopped*
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons salt
- 1. In a soup kettle, saute green peppers and onions in oil until tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 5 quarts.
1 cup: 199 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 1360mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Chicken Vegetable Soup
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC