- 4 whole pita breads
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and pesto. Top each pita with onion mixture; spread pesto mixture evenly over onion layer.
- Top with chicken, tomatoes and cheese. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHearty Chicken Pesto Pizzas
"We love this pizza recipe! We grill our own chicken (either marinated in italian dressing or rubbed with italian seasoning). We also steam the tomatoes before adding them on top."
"?I just love Pizza ... by far my favorite food so this recipe looks excellent!!!"
"The Best Recipe"