- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup salt-free lemon-pepper marinade
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 whole wheat pita pocket halves, warmed
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place chicken, marinade and mint in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate up to 6 hours.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients. In another bowl, combine cucumber, tomato and onion. Serve chicken in pita pockets with vegetable mixture, sauce and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHearty Chicken Gyros
"Made this last night and it was delicious. My daughter came home from a friend's house where she had dinner and loved the smell the kitchen and asked if we had any leftovers. Unfortunately no. I will make again."