Hearty Chicken-Filled Potato
Try one of these colorful, over-stuffed spuds with all the fixings and Southwest flavor of fajitas. All that’s missing are the tortillas and the messy eating!—Janet Dingler from Cedartown, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours Bake: 10 min.
- 1 large baking potato
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- Dash pepper
- Salsa, minced fresh cilantro, minced chives and additional sour cream, optional
- Scrub and pierce potato. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Meanwhile, combine the cumin, oregano, 1/8 teaspoon salt and cayenne; rub over chicken. Place in a small baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Cut chicken into small cubes; set aside. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a small bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the cheese, sour cream, milk, pepper, remaining salt and reserved chicken.
- Spoon into potato shell. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with salsa, cilantro, chives and additional sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 556 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 915mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 41g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.