Hearty Chicken and Rice Salad
I first tried this salad at a party and asked my friend who catered the event for the recipe. I modified it a little, and it's received rave reviews from my family.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup cubed Swiss cheese
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 179 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Hearty Rice Salad in Country Extra July 2003