Hearty Chicken and Rice Salad
I first tried this salad at a party and asked my friend who catered the event for the recipe. I modified it a little, and it's received rave reviews from my family.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup cubed Swiss cheese
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 179 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Hearty Rice Salad in Country Extra July 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.