VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium baking potatoes (2 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped leeks (white portion only)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Wrap each potato in foil. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool.
- Remove foil; cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; set shells aside. In a bowl, mash pulp until smooth.
- In a skillet, saute the leeks, onion and garlic in oil. Add to mashed potatoes. Stir in the corn, cottage cheese, yogurt, salt and pepper. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheese-Stuffed Potatoes in Country Woman January/February 2001, p37