Hearty Cheese Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 12 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- About 4 pounds potatoes, peeled, cooked and thinly sliced (8 cups)
- Melt butter in a saucepan; add flour, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Add milk all at once; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Remove from the heat. Add cheese and stir until melted. Place potatoes in a large bowl; gently stir in cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 11, 2013
This dish is hearty and filling - perfect comfort food! For an extra flavor kick, I would add chopped pimentos next time.
Oct 12, 2012
The web page was down so much, it was very hard to get to. But, once I finally got to it, I made the recipe and it was good.