- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 12 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- About 4 pounds potatoes, peeled, cooked and thinly sliced (8 cups)
- Melt butter in a saucepan; add flour, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Add milk all at once; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Remove from the heat. Add cheese and stir until melted. Place potatoes in a large bowl; gently stir in cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forHearty Cheese Potatoes
"This dish is hearty and filling - perfect comfort food! For an extra flavor kick, I would add chopped pimentos next time."
"The web page was down so much, it was very hard to get to. But, once I finally got to it, I made the recipe and it was good."