- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Tortilla chips
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cheeses. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Serve hot with chips. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Reviews forHearty Cheese Dip
"Isn't this the same recipe as HOT beef DIP also on this website?"
"Isn't this the same recipe as HOT beef DIP?"