Hearty Cheese Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Tortilla chips
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cheeses. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Serve hot with chips.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 51 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't this the same recipe as HOT BEEF DIP also on this website?
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't this the same recipe as HOT BEEF DIP?
Jan 31, 2016
We've lovingly renamed this cat barf dip at our house. It's not the most visually appealing dip but man oh man is it yummy! We usually don't pretend to have self control and just have it for dinner with chips and a salad.