Hearty Cannellini & Sausage Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces beef summer or smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups coarsely chopped Chinese or napa cabbage
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir sausage over medium heat until lightly browned; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-10 minutes or until cabbage is tender and flavors are blended.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 283 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 1672mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 15g protein.
Nov 6, 2017
Loved it. Made it exactly as printed.
Nov 14, 2014
I added a small dash of ground ginger and Greek seasoning to give it a bit of something extra. It was delicious!! What a great and easy recipe! When I'm craving soup on a cold day, this will definitely be one of my "Go To's"!
Nov 1, 2013
My husband doesn't like cabbage, but this is one of his favorite meals!
Jan 31, 2013
Excellent and easy. GREAT!!
Jan 9, 2013
Name says it all. Reminds me of a soup I had as a child, but couldn't place...very comforting. I loved it.
Oct 15, 2012
Made this soup for dinner tonight and loved it! Will definatly make it again.
Sep 26, 2012
So fast, easy. and simple. Only had one problem with it, there were no left overs! Would definitely double it next time. I actually can't wait to make it again.
Sep 26, 2012
Made this recipe last night and my husband and he loved it, ofcause he loves soups.