- 12 ounces beef summer or smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups coarsely chopped Chinese or napa cabbage
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir sausage over medium heat until lightly browned; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-10 minutes or until cabbage is tender and flavors are blended. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHearty Cannellini & Sausage Soup
"My husband doesn't like cabbage, but this is one of his favorite meals!"
"Excellent and easy. GREAT!!"
"Name says it all. Reminds me of a soup I had as a child, but couldn't place...very comforting. I loved it."
"So fast, easy. and simple. Only had one problem with it, there were no left overs! Would definitely double it next time. I actually can't wait to make it again."
"Made this recipe last night and my husband and he loved it, ofcause he loves soups."