Hearty Brunch Pockets Recipe
“I made this recipe up one night when I was looking or a quick and tasty meal for myself and my kids, “writes Meredith Beyl of Stillwater, Oklahoma. “It was an instant hit! It makes a great meal any time of the day.”
- 6 brown-and-serve sausage links, sliced
- 6 ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon strips, diced
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, cook sausage for 2 minutes. Add bacon; cook 4 minutes longer or until sausage is heated through and bacon is crisp. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour into the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are almost set. Add sausage mixture and cheese. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until eggs are completely set and cheese is melted. Spoon into pita halves. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 301 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 238mg cholesterol, 930mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Brunch Pockets
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC