Hearty Brunch Pockets
“I made this recipe up one night when I was looking or a quick and tasty meal for myself and my kids, “writes Meredith Beyl of Stillwater, Oklahoma. “It was an instant hit! It makes a great meal any time of the day.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed and sliced
- 6 ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon strips, diced
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- In a nonstick skillet, cook sausage for 2 minutes. Add bacon; cook 4 minutes longer or until sausage is heated through and bacon is crisp. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour into the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are almost set. Add sausage mixture and cheese. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until eggs are completely set and cheese is melted. Spoon into pita halves.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 301 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 238mg cholesterol, 930mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Quick Brunch Pockets in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007