- 1-1/2 pounds Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with hash browns and cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHearty Breakfast Egg Bake
"Tasted great but I personally like my potatoes on the side and the casserole just be egg."
"Can't go wrong with this one! I make it often; it's so flexible - different meats, add peppers, mushrooms, different cheeses, green onions/chives. Next time I'm going to add some fresh, chopped broccoli. Thanks for sharing!"
"Great casserole! I have made it several times already. I use Jimmy Dean precooked turkey Crumbles instead of the pork sausage, non fat evaported milk and low fat cheese. I also add a can green chiles for a little extra kick. I make this, cut into serving size pieces and freeze for my husband to have for breakfast. I keep a couple pieces at a time in refrigerator and he heats in microwave. Delicious!!"
"I made this delicious dish this morning for breakfast and it is a winner. Definitely five stars and five thumbs up. This is going into my recipes as we will be having this again and again. Made very small changes - halved the recipe for the two of us, used square frozen hash browns instead of shredded and more cheese. Here is a link to my review and photos: http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/894683/7752648.aspx#7752648"
"so good. definitely a keeper"
"I made this for Christmas (yesterday) and it was a hit! Everybody raved and raved over it. I cooked bacon & sausage on the side rather than including either one because some can't eat bacon and some can't eat sausage . . . therefore, for the meat, I gave them a choice of either or none. Since I didn't include the meat in the casserole, I did sprinkle a little kosher salt and black pepper over the layer of cheese - just a little. Even my 11 yr old niece loved it and kids aren't normally big on casseroles. Simple to make."
"Yummy!! Made it for a Boyscouts camp out. Made 2 batches one with Canadian bacon and one with Maple Sausage..I liked the one with Maple Sausage better. I had a few extra eggs and tossed them in as well. Baked them in 2 Dutch ovens worked amazing, and tasted yummy.. Will definitely cook again. Next time I may throw a few spoon fulls into flour tortilla and make a burrito ."