Hearty Black-Eyed Peas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes2-4 main-dish servings (4-6 side-dish servings)
- 1-1/4 cups cooked Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll (1/2 pound uncooked)
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 251 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 920mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Jan 6, 2017
These were awesome!! Great Flavor and EASY! Will definitely make again. They are definitely taste kitchen approved by me! Thanks for sharing!
Oct 26, 2010
My family doesn't care for black-eyed peas, but all the flavors together in this recipe was so good, we had no leftovers!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.