- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups picante V8 juice
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forHearty Beef Veggie Soup
"This was very good. I did season a little more than it called for but the family loved it. It was also supper easy. A great pair with grilled cheese sandwiches."
"I have not tried this yet, but in reply to what coleslaw mix is--look for it near your pre-bagged salads. It is cabbage that is already chopped and just needs the dressing added for slaw. It also comes in a broccoli mix."
"This sounds delicious and I would love to try it. I have a question first; What is coleslaw mix? Thank you"
"Made it for the whole family last night. We all liked the tangy taste."