Perfect for the ballpark, these beefy rolls from the National Live Stock and Meat Board will label you a "good sport" whenever you serve them. Zesty cream cheese-horseradish filling cheers on the flavorful roast beef.
Recommended: 23 Things to Make with Leftover Corned Beef
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small apple, finely chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 pound thinly sliced fully cooked roast beef
- 2 tablespoons slice green onions
- Sprinkle lemon juice over apple. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, milk and horseradish; add apple and walnuts and mix well. Spread onto cut side of roll tops. On each roll bottom, place the lettuce, roast beef and green onions; replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Beef Sandwiches in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p17