Hearty Beans with Beef Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 209 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Beans with Beef
"Good flavor and easy to make!"
"Great recipe! My husband LOVED it. Just so you know, i made it as is and it was perfect for him! I felt it was a little too sweet so I'm changing my review to 4 stars."
"My husband loves this! He raves about it to his family all the time. This is good, easy and inexpensive."