Hearty Bean Soup with Ham Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) condensed bean with bacon soup, undiluted
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter for 3 minutes. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a Dutch oven or soup kettle. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 199 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Bean Soup with Ham
"This is one of the best bean soups I have ever had. This recipe is definitely a keeper!"
"Thanks again for another great recipe.Viny"