Hearty Bean Soup with Ham
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) condensed bean with bacon soup, undiluted
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canned diced jalapeno peppers
- In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter for 3 minutes. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a Dutch oven or soup kettle. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 199 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 12g protein.
Dec 30, 2014
Great way to use up the Christmas ham! Excellent & easy! Pair with cornbread. :)
Nov 11, 2014
This was comfort food! So easy and delicious will definitely be my go to bean soup rececipe
Jan 13, 2011
This soup is so good and so easy! It is a hit with my family!
Oct 31, 2009
This is one of the best bean soups I have ever had. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Jan 19, 2008
Thanks again for another great recipe.Viny
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.