- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) condensed bean with bacon soup, undiluted
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canned diced jalapeno peppers
- In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter for 3 minutes. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a Dutch oven or soup kettle. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forHearty Bean Soup with Ham
"This is one of the best bean soups I have ever had. This recipe is definitely a keeper!"
"Thanks again for another great recipe.Viny"