- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In an ovenproof Dutch oven or greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the potatoes and carrots. Crumble beef over carrots. Layer with the tomatoes, peas and onions. Dot with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until the meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHearty Baked Stew
"I tried it and found it to be a very tasty dish. In fact I have made it twice in 3 days."