Hearty Baked Potatoes
"Adding ham to these veggie-topped potatoes makes them a complete meal-in-one," says Barbara Schindler from her home in Napoleon, Ohio. With plenty of cheese and a tasty sauce, too, they're sure to satisfy even the biggest appetites at dinnertime.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 2-1/2 cups California-blend vegetables
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until tender, turning once. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted.
- Cut an X in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Top with vegetable mixture.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Originally published as Hearty Baked Potatoes in Quick Cooking September/October 2004
May 5, 2016
Used cream of celery soup & added a little milk to the sauce as it was pretty thick. Yummy!
Mar 14, 2015
Excellent dinner, my husband loved it!!
Nov 19, 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.