Hearty Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place oats in a large bowl; add boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray (dish will be full). Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and set. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 224 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Baked Oatmeal
"Delicious when fresh from the oven. Received rave reviews from friends. Not as good reheated the next day. Used about 1/3 c maple syrup as the apples sweeten things up. A hint more cinnamon would be good."
"My only complaint is how long this takes to make, especially when I am hungry in the morning. But, my husband loves it and it is a special treat for us to have on a cool morning."
"Loved this recipe. Added some almonds. Will be making quite often."
"I love this recipe! I make it often."
"YUM! Sprinkled a little brown sugar and sliced almonds on top!"