Old-fashioned baked-bean flavor gets jazzed up with garlic, brown sugar and mustard in our Test Kitchen’s easy, downsized version of this family favorite.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strip, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (8 ounces) pork and beans
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a small skillet, saute onion and bacon until onion is tender; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the pork and beans, kidney beans, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a 2-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Baked Beans in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p46
Reviews forHearty Baked Beans for Two
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2010
"Just what I was looking for"
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2010
"this is a wounderful recipe. Good potluck choice. Yummmmmmm!"
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2010
"Idoubled the ingredients, we &the grand kids all loved it."