Hearty Backyard Burgers
I like to toast rye rolls or whole wheat hamburger buns on the grill for a few minutes while the burgers finish cooking. Then I top the burgers with ketchup and pickle planks right before serving.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 6 rye rolls or whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 12 tomato slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Cover and grill over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from the grill for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato slices.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 305 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 725mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Apr 28, 2015
This is a family favorite.
Apr 1, 2009
I make these burgers often - this is one of my husband's favorite recipes.
Apr 25, 2008
you can get rye rolls at most bakkeries or even at your local grocery store
Apr 24, 2008
so where do you get rye rolls?