It may sound nutty, but this vegetarian version of Asian chicken salad packs in 13 grams of protein and is bursting with juicy flavor. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: 39 Quick Vegetarian Meals for Winter Weeknights
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Prepare rice and edamame according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, rice and edamame. Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to coat. Divide salad mixture between two plates; top with orange segments, radishes and almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Asian Lettuce Salad in Healthy Cooking April/May 2012, p52
Reviews forHearty Asian Lettuce Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2012
salad the second time. I did find the ginger sesame dressing, but only in a pricey brand so I made my own Asian style dressing. We loved it and I can't imagine that the other dressing would have tasted any better than this. A definite keeper recipe!"
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2012
"I couldn't find the ginger sesame dressing so I used Asian style sesame dressing it was ok."